Tuesday 11 January 2011

Evaluation - Question 6







What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
When producing and editing Divine Decree I used a wide variety of technological equipment and software to ensure my opening sequence was finished in time to the standard I wanted it to be. The majority of the software and also equipment I had not used before and therefore I learnt more and more about them every time I used it and eventually got used to using it all. 

The hardware I used throughout this project consisted of:
  • An apple mac computer
  • Tripod 
  • Video Camera
  • Camera 







I learnt alot about each of these as i became more familiar with using them, I soon learned that by using a tripod when filming it was much easier to keep a steady hand and it also enabled me to film high and low angle shots without discomforting myself and still allowing the camera to remain steady, which was very important within filming, I became aware of the different swivel settings and also the different height adjustments. 

I also learnt alot about the Video camera, at first i found this very difficult to use due to the fact i had not used one before, however I now know how to do various things with the camera settings such as: adjusting the sound, changing the zoom, adjusting the lighting, how to use night vision. I also learnt how to cut using the camera and how to ply back and delete footage although it was best to keep the footage on the tape until the video was captured in Premier Pro.

The still camera was also used when creating Divine Decree as it allowed me to post story boards, shot lists etc onto my blog and also for pictures of me working.

The apple mac was very useful when editing the film is was quick and efficient and not only did it assist when editing the film it was also helpful when conducting research on other films and audiences to benefit Divine Decree.  

Adobe Premiere Pro was the main software used when creating Divine Decree, this program allows you to connect the video to the computer and down load the footage onto here, where the footage that you may want to include in your film can be captured in small chunks to make it easier when editing.




































It is a timeline based proprietary video editing software application and works by dragging the clips you have captured onto the timeline and then editing them from there using various tools, transitions and layers. Sound and effects can also be added to this timeline. 






















I also used Adobe Photoshop, within this project mainly to create images - such as my key frames in Question 1, I had used Photoshop before and therefore was quite familiar with the software, however, by using it within this project it helped me to refresh my brain with the tools you can use on there, it helped me to refine, resize and adjust images so they fit in nicely together, photoshop also allows you to add effect onto the pictures. 













I used the internet widley throughout this project mainly for research, however also for sharing and uploading the finished film sequence, I also used the internet to keep my blog updated throughout making sure all i did was put onto the blog.

Blogspot - www.blogger.com enabled me to create my blog and keep my media work posted throughout, it also enabled people to give constructive feed back on my video and vice versa. As well as this we could bounce ideas off other peoples older blogs helping us to gain direction in what we needed to include on our blog. 

Art of the Title - www.artofthetitle.com was a very useful site to gain inspiration from professional oepning titles, it has a whole list of  film openings you can watch and evaluate which was very useful when gaining ideas for my film opening, it also helped me to see what common connotations different genres used (imparticularly horror), therefore I was able to make sure my film used as many horror conventions as possible. 

Youtube - www.youtube.com  was very helpful when uploading the finished videos, by uploading the videos onto youtube it made it easier to embed onto our blogs, it also enables people to watch your videos on there so you can gain further feedback. As well as this it enabled you to add various bubbles reasoning why you had used cartain features within the film, - especially useful for evaluation question 5! As well as enabling me to gain more inspiration from other horror films. 

Google - www.google.com is very useful search engine for conducting research, from youtube I was able to gain lots of useful information that i could take into consideration when filming, editing and coming up with ideas for my film, i also used google images for some of the images on my blog. 

Yahoo - www.yahoo.co.uk   I used yahoo alot during this project, I was able to access my email account and therefore allowed me to keep in contact with other students and my media teacher, i could also send and receive important information such as tasks, deadlines and URLS for my video's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment